Friday, October 26, 2012

Singing, Costumes, and Peanuts

You know that awesome moment when you've learned the harmony to a song, and someone else has learned the other part of the song, and then you sing it together somewhat unplanned and it sounds AWESOME?

That happened today. It looked like this:


Except I'm not a cat. And neither is my friend Charles, who I sang with. But the expression is basically the same.
We also started singing random stuff from The Phantom of the Opera, and he told me about a time in South Africa when he got to see the show with an amazing view, flawless talent, stunning special effects, and for only $40.
I melted of jealousy.

Speaking of jealousy though, Halloween is coming up, and so are Costume Parties! Yay! I went to one tonight that my entire class was invited to. I showed up late (rehearsal), but in the time I was there I saw some pretty incredible costumes. I am so jealous of the creativity of these people!!! Not to mention some of the costume pieces themselves were pretty amazing.
They included...
-A legittimate Princess Peach dress with Mario
-Sushi
-The Blue Fairy
-Mulan
-The Firefox logo
-Alvin and the Chipmunks
-A traditional Indian outfit
-TinTin
-Popeye
-Captain Jack Sparrow
And many, many more.

The costumes that I envy most are usually those with the long, flowing, royal-looking dresses. Those types of outfits are just so much fun to wear! Sometimes I wish that women still wore things like that as part of the fashion. Wouldn't it be amazing to go to every party in a full-on ball gown? *sigh*

Also, you know when you've already picked out a costume, and you're at a party, but seeing everyone else suddenly gives you tons of much better costume ideas??? Next year, I'm going to get a group of friends of mine to be Peanuts characters with me. I think I can pull off Sally Brown.

Isn't she cute?
I went to this party in a make-shift Princess Jasmine outfit. The tiger that I carried with me helped people figure it out. :)

For actual Halloween though, I've been scheming with one of my friends, and we've got an even better idea.... Stay tuned!

In the meantime though, who's your favorite Peanuts character? I'm torn between Linus and Snoopy.

~Rachel~

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome blog :) my fav Peanuts character is definitely Linus!

    ReplyDelete